Thursday, October 13, 2011

Foodstock

Yes that’s right. Foodstock. Not Woodstock. It’s kinda like the original-a big outdoor event on farmland, except it will also offer the best food in Canada and your attendance will benefit an amazing cause.



Its rare that I use this space to promote an event or a charity appreciating that many of you might live far and away but I just can’t help but ask for your support. The local farmland and water is at risk of being contaminated where I live because of a proposed mega quarry. A group called the Highland Companies have made an application to create a limestone quarry over 2,300 acres in size on prime fertile agricultural land that will also disturb pristine aquifers that ensure we have clean water.

I am stunned that this has the potential to happen, and hope that you'll join me and thousands of others at Foodstock on October 16th. Over 100 of the best chefs from across Canada will be there cooking their hearts out, so it’s also a great opportunity to meet some awesome people and taste some fabulous food. The proceeds raised will go to help fund the costs to stop the quarry. Did I mention there will also be some great bands playing?

You can check out all the details here. I’ll be there tasting and taking photos. If you can’t make it, you can still donate on their website to help this great cause. Hope to see you on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! so happy to see u kicking it MEL!! I am saving this blog in my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete