Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rewind

So the last few months I’ve kinda been a slacker. Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t been a total schmuck, (yes, I just said schmuck) I’ve just been caught up in every day life. No time for cooking, restaurant reviews, dinners out and I really feel as though I’ve lost my mojo. No, it hasn’t been stolen by Dr. Evil. If it was I would just call Austin Powers to help me find it. I think it just slowly dwindled away as I put my passion on the back burner.

I’ve searched for an emergency foodie self help line to no avail. If one exists, please direct me. Or maybe there’s a support group for those who have lost their luster for hobbies? I’m imagining a big group of writers, and artists sitting in a circle starting their sentences with “My name is John and I’m…” well you get the drift.

I keep thinking about all the wonderful things I cooked and ate prior to losing my mojo, and am perplexed with where to start. I never posted about my trip to South America, my night with Anthony Bourdain, or the fantastic things I’ve done since, well…yikes- FEBRUARY! And then…it dawned on me. What better way to get my mojo back, then to rewind. I have the photographic evidence of all my great experiences, I just haven’t had the time to put it into words. Until now.

So here goes. A rewind in time. The next few posts will finally detail all the great things I’ve done this year. I’ll hopefully cover them off before 2012. And if I magically find my mojo along the way, foodtastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment